The land that is now home to The Sanctuary at West St. Paul has been in the Marthaler Family Since 1852.
JoAnne Southworth and Mary McDonough attended the groundbreaking ceremony along with their three brothers Joseph, Raymond, and Donald Marthaler.
Their great-grandparents Jacob and Regina Marthaler built the home back in 1863.
Pictured below is Jacob and Regina Marthaler’s only son Henry with wife Angeline, the grandparents of the five Marthaler siblings who sold the land to SCA Properties.
We look forward to planting a tree outside The Sanctuary at West St. Paul with a dedication plaque to the Marthaler Family.